Every day there are more and more young people that have access to the "evils” of the society in which we live, the alcohol, tobacco and drugs are increasingly available to young people today, who are growing up near "the glass in the hand and the cigarette in the mouth.” The addictions progressively appear earlier among young people and it is because of the society we are living in that makes it inevitable for young people to experience everything. An act that is very easy because they are very close to everything and everything is within reach without much effort and without someone to do something to stop the process. Apart from all this known vices here is a list of some of the new ones that today’s society brings on daily bases, not only for the parent, but for the children as well:
- He gives the impression to be absorbed by playing, not answering when spoken to;
- Feels too much stress and even tightness the jaws when playing;
- Doesn’t look away from the television or the screen;
- Begins to lose interest in other activities that were once practiced;
- Sleep disorder;
- Increased estrangement from family and friends;
- Problems with studies;
We are not saying that video games are a threat by themselves, since everything depends on the use and control exercised over them. Therefore, addictions are not focused on the game itself, but in the uncontrolled and abusive way that may occur. Some recommendations for parents or educators are:
- Perform together with the children a schedule that can be evenly distributed over time;
- Propose new activities that are of interest;
- Using video games as a "compensation” for the successful completion of their work, showing that the study comes first.
Finally, some parents may need to enlist help of a professional with whom they can receive all the help they need to disengage from the console, which does not mean to totally playing video games.
- Promotes obesity. Since it is a totally sedentary activity it involves the lack and absence of physical exercise.
- Decreasing in school performance. The ability to reason is disturbed, the child is too lazy to think, los4s agility and confidence to do it, and it is normal to avoid it. A lower fluidity of verbal expression and a delay in writing and reading appears.
- Sleep disturbance. Playing with the phone all the time affect te sleep quality, but also the content can be violent, which increases the fear and aggressive fantasy.
All these modern vices are disconcerting, but we must try not to become a victim to a fixation. Remember always that our close ones can develop an addictive conduct and that when we are acquainted with the possibilities we can learn how to circumvent them. And what is yours or your children’s vice?